VC Venta is hosting its fifth annual Segment of the Month competition during 2019. A friendly competition open to all VC Venta club members.
Each month a different Strava segment will be selected. Whoever records the fastest time (male and female) over the segment is the stage winner. Placings contribute to the overall competitions.
- Competition is open to all 1st claim members of VC Venta.
- You must have a personal Strava account and join VC Venta on Strava.
- Record a time on the nominated segment between 00:01hrs on the 1st of the month and 23:59hrs on the last day of the month.
- Only your best time counts so have as many goes as you like.
- Your time must be recorded on a human-powered bicycle! Time trial bikes are to be used on nominated stages only.
- Segments will be classified as “Flat”, “Rolling”, or “Mountain”.
- Flat and Rolling stages must be ridden solo for your time to be counted.
- At the end of each month the top 10 riders will be announced (male and female) and points awarded.
- In addition to the overall cumulative points General Classification (GC) competition, there will be “KOM/QOM” and “Sprint” competitions. Points are awarded to both competitors in the event of a tie.
- There will be 10 stages (January to October). The riders (male and female) with the highest cumulative points across all stages (GC) or in each category (KOM/QOM/Sprint) will be declared the winners.
- The organiser’s decision is final in any dispute.
- A reminder that the rules of the road must be observed and the safety of yourselves and others is always the first priority.
- GC: 15/12/10/8/6/5/4/3/2/1
- Sprint: Flat 10/8/6/4/2, Rolling 5/4/3/2/1
- KOM: Mountain 10/8/6/4/2, Rolling 5/4/3/2/1
- One nominated mountain segment will be the Queen Stage with double KOM/QOM points.
Suggest a segment
We’re keen to include your favourite local Strava segments in this year’s competition.
Please send recommendations for any Strava segments you’d like to see included to email@example.com.