Go-Ride Coaching Sessions
The 2019 coaching sessions will run for 3 series, spring, summer and autumn. They will be held at the South Winchester Park and ride in a traffic free closed road circuit.
We will run 5 groups based on riders age, skill and ability.
Dates for 2019 are as follows:
- Spring 28th April to Sunday 26th May – 5 sessions
- Summer 16th June to 14th July – 5 sessions
- Autumn 8th September to 13th October – 6 sessions
What is Go-Ride? Go-Ride is British Cycling’s development programme for young people and provides a fun and safe way to introduce young riders to the world of cycle sport. It looks to develop basic, intermediate and advanced bike handling skills. This involves games, skills, drills, group riding, close contact, race games and simulations.
Venue: Traffic free closed road circuit. South Winchester Park and Ride, Hockley Link, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 2FG (entrance is off M3 junction 11).
Age Groups: Aged 6 to 16. Generally based on ability with a skills development pathway to assist in progression.
Format: 1 hour structured coaching delivered by a range of qualified British Cycling Coaches. Followed by a short race around the circuit. We encourage arriving early to get a few extra laps in.
Equipment: Bike, helmet, gloves and a drink. It is important to wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions and suitable shoes such as trainers. No sandals or flip flops. At the start of each session a bike check will be performed.
Cost: Each series costs £15. Full payment online is at the time of registration.
Contact: If you have any queries please email email@example.com
Registration: Complete the Go-Ride registration form to register your child.
Spring 2019 Go-Ride sessions run from 4-5pm on the following dates:
- Spring Series 1 – April 28th
- Spring Series 2 – May 5th
- Spring Series 3 – May 12th
- Spring Series 4 – May 19th
- Spring Series 5 – May 26th
Summer 2019 Go-Ride sessions run from 4-5pm on the following dates:
- Summer Series 1 – June 16th
- Summer Series 2 – June 23rd
- Summer Series 3 – June 30th
- Summer Series 4 – July 7th
- Summer Series 5 – July 14th
Autumn 2019 Go-Ride sessions run from 4-5pm on the following dates:
- Autumn Series 1 – September 8th
- Autumn Series 2 – September 15th
- Autumn Series 3 – September 22nd
- Autumn Series 4 – September 29th
- Autumn Series 5 – October 6th
- Autumn Series 6 – October 13th